22/08/2011

The Circle of the Sapphire Book Cover

After years of procrastination, I finally got round to self-publishing my book. Yep, that's right, I wrote a book. A full 250 plus pages of magical adventure packed with quirky spelling mistakes and 'not-wrong-but-not-how-I-would-have-put-it-myself' turns of phrase.

But anyway, that is not my point, my point is that the system that I used (CreateSpace) allows you to upload your own cover. So where to start? The colour was self-evident, it had to be blue, sapphire blue to be precise, but when you have no kind of client briefing finding a theme can sometimes be difficult. I decided on two main ideas, an ephemeral-magical feel and a ye olde world style. Take a look below to see the results.

Now as we all know, you should never judge a book by it's cover, but still, having a nice cover doesn't hurt, does it?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...