15/12/2011

Artist Showcase : James Maher

When I was researching my Love/Hate post a few weeks ago on Art Snobs, I discovered the portfolio of this amazing photographer.

James Maher is a New York based photographer who takes some great shots, and I especially love his spontaneous street shots.

My absolute favourite is his photo called "Waiting in Grand Central Station", and I have to admit, it breaks my heart a little bit. Here's what James has to say about it :

"The woman seemed to be a lonely tourist waiting for someone to come rescue her.  She was so amazingly still that she looked afraid to even move.
I never saw anyone come, and she soon walked off by herself.  I wish I could find her now to give her this photo."

















1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...