13/06/2012

Product Spotlight : HYT H1 Hydraulic Watch

I ran through the archive of my blog the other day and realised that for a product designer, I don't really post about products very much. So I've decided that the Love/Hate posts that I normally do on Wednesday's are going to be replaced by a product design post, where each week I will highlight either a designer, a brand or a great new product that I think you will enjoy.

For the first of this new series, I want to share with you a ridiculously crazy watch. I saw this watch back in March at Baselworld (a huge watch and jewellery trade show in Switzerland), but chances are that if you don't work in the watch world then you haven't heard about it yet.

Swiss watch brand HYT (Hydro Mechanical Horologists) have created the H1, a watch that features a tube of florescent liquid that is pumped by bellows attached to miniature pistons that subsequently indicates the hour. I won't talk about the technical details too much, they have all the information on their website if you want to find out more. I just think that it's a fascinating watch, the concept is different enough to be interesting, and yet they have managed to keep a very clear, clean layout that means you don't have to spend hours learning how to read the watch before understanding it.

And you will be happy to know that it is a bargain, with a retail price starting at around a measly $50,000 US. I'll take two. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...